Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hands-on...

My Left Hand...
and, My Right Hand.
Yesterday, both were an earthy Green from pulling out sodden cut grass out from underneath the lawn-mower. It was the cause of the machine from stalling regularly. Touching sodden & stuck grass is an unsettling sensation. It's akin to coming into contact with what one fears lives at the bottom of fresh-water ponds & lakes. Euw... yuck!!! for starters. I had to scrub both hands with one of those probably-dangerous-to-Our-Health corrosive sponges and lots of dish-soap. That for its Grease & Grime Action. Seemed to work. They ain't green no mo'!!!
But, look at all those lines! The creases!! The wrinkles... for cryin' out loud!!! Many are newly made, thanks to the 5,000 square feet of garden at il Poggiolo. I HATE to wear gloves. Prefer to get My Hands dirty. I don't ever wear a watch, rings or bracelets... except the sterling silver one I bought in Denver, CO to celebrate one of my birthdays... so, it's paar for the course NOT to slip on even gardening gloves. I also dislike the sensation of being separated from what I am yanking, pulling, extracting, gathering, clipping, digging, moving and so on and so forth. I'm Hands-on. But, not anymore. I inadvertently grabbed a snake!!! while picking up a pile of cut grass from the stone & grassy path around My Garden on its way up to il Castello yesterday. The thin, long thing slithered away, more shocked than I was. For a second though, I thought it was a dreaded viper!!! Instead, it was an ordinary garden snake. How appropriate. Nonetheless, handling a snake merited much more than a sedate... Euw... yuck!!! No. More like... Euw-[0q89375bfv197y3 f4!#$##p8q23!!!@####bcr088tqw-987-yuck!!! That will be the last time I ever go ungloved, when preforming A Task in My Garden. Gads.

No comments:

Post a Comment